A DAY TRIP PLANNED JUST FOR YOU
1. Begin your morning with an interesting historic tour of i.e. Pointe Coupee Museum (circa 1760) located on Highway 1 on the banks of the river at 8348 False River Road. A knowledgeable Docent will guide you through the rooms of an authentic Creole cottage describing life as it was in Pointe Coupee Parish in the early eighteenth century.
2. Follow Highway 1 into the town of New Roads and stop at lovely St. Mary of False River Catholic Church (circa 1904) for a self guided or a pre-arranged group tour.
3. As the lunch hour approaches, select from several savory, Cajun restaurants such as Morel's and Satterfield's on the scenic river banks, or My Mama's Kitchen on historic Main Street.
4. How about an after lunch stroll down the main street of town to view the historic courthouse (circa 1902), statue of Lt. General John Archer LeJeune, USMC, or shop for a unique gift.
5. Before you depart, you won't want to miss a tour of the Samson House; a Creole plantation home (circa 1835) with lush gardens located at 405 Richey Street just off Main Street.